Tuesday, July 20, 2004

We had a pretty good weekend. Friday, we went to his parents' for dinner, because we hadn't been there in a few weeks, and wouldn't be going on Saturday. It was really nice. I brought the laptop, so his mom and I sat while I showed her pictures from the balloon trip and my "wedding stuff" ideas. She said I have very good taste. :)
Saturday, I worked all day. Literally. I so wanted to have all the merging/purging done for GoldMine. Anyway, The Boy got home around 5:30, and we set out to Midland, to A&G's trailer. We brought the tent, and bought an air mattress. We were pretty excited. We stopped at Harvey's for some dinner-on-the-run, and then drove to Midland. It only took 2.5 hours, which was good, we were told.
A taught us how to play backgammon, and I'm now addicted. Then, we played the CSI board game, which was fun but ultimately tough to win. We got to sleep around 2 a.m. In the morning, we got cleaned up and packed up the tent and stuff, and went to this castle village. There was a horror museum in the basement that The Boy totally dug. I loved the gift shop. There were hundreds of wooden boxes of all different designs, trunks, baskets... I love containers! :)
Then we did a tour of a fairy tale trail, which had "replicas" of fairy tale houses. Like the gingerbread house from Hansel & Gretel, the clock from Hickory Dickory Dock, the three bears' house, blah blah blah. They were pretty cute. We headed back to their trailer, and G and I played a few more games of backgammon while The Boy read his Xbox magazine and A did a test on his computer. We had some lunch, hung out for a bit longer, and then took off for home.

Traffic was crazy coming home, but we knew it would be. Anyway, we had a great weekend. Last night we continued to root for Ken Jennings on Jeopardy, and then watched The Casino, one of our favourite new shows.
GoldMine kicks ass, and I'm glad to have it back, but it's taking forever for us to get it up and running. I've been synching with the server for like two hours now, and it's still not done. I think our connection here sucks (I'm at R's house today), so that's probably why it's taking so long.
I guess that's it for now. Is this thing on?


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home