UptownGirl77

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Dad called last night. Mom called him yesterday morning with some sob story about how J needs a new laptop and she needs to use Dad's credit card to help him buy one. First of all, J is Mom's sister's fiancé's son. What business is it of hers to buy him a laptop? Secondly, if J really did need a laptop, his dad sure as hell wouldn't go to Mom for help. Thirdly, why the fuck would she ask for my dad's credit card?? The person she's been fucking over royally for the past year? Now she thinks she can call and he'll bail her out again, like he's always done?

Then, Dad found out from his sister, H, that Mom called her and asked if she could take over some of her jobs next week, because she's going to Ontario. Nice of her to mention to me that she'd be here. So Dad said he just wanted to tell me about it, in case she told me she couldn't visit me because he wouldn't give her the credit card. I told him I would have been super pissed if he let her use it. Especially since she didn't tell me anything about being in town.

Then he said that she asked if he'd heard about T&G's news. He said of course, that we had called him on Sunday. She got all pissy and said, "OH. They didn't call me until Monday." Bullshit. As I blogged that day, I called and left the voicemail for Dad and two seconds later I left a voicemail for her. And she called me back that night. She asked Dad, not that it was any of her business, if he would help us pay for the wedding. He said of course he would, that that's what fathers do. She said, "Well, don't let her walk all over you. You know T. She'll take whatever she can get."

How many things are wrong with those sentences? First of all, never mind that it's cruel, hurtful and 100% false, it came from my own mother. Second of all, it came from the biggest hypocrite in the world, considering that she was just trying to hit her ex (my dad) up for money. Third of all, if she talks like that to my dad, how does she talk about me to others? Fourth, she just wrote herself out of everything wedding-related but the guest list. You can rest easy, Mom. I won't be taking anything from you. I fucking promise.

2 Comments:

  • aw, sweetie, I'm so sorry. It so sucks that this bs has to come from your mom. A) She has NO place to talk and B) a lot of this is probably coming from her own insecurities. Not that this makes YOU feel any better but at least you can realize that she is doing this out of her loathing herself...

    I hate to tell you but, for some reason, weddings and babies bring out the WORST in people. I don't know why, it makes no sense. I guess people's jealousy gets the better of them??? Just beware and don't let it get to you...this is you and the boy's day, no one else's and if they have such a big yank about something, don't come--just send the gift! Don't let anyone rain on your parade and, in the end, you will have a beautiful time and realize who is truly in your corner.

    By Blogger Unknown, At July 7, 2004 at 10:09 a.m.  

  • Thanks, Sar. I needed that.

    By Blogger Uptown, At July 7, 2004 at 10:16 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home