UptownGirl77

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Last night actually wasn't that bad! It was actually kinda nice! Despite the fact that it was A's birthday, they bought us Chinese food. It was SO good, and everyone remained quiet during American Idol, much to my surprise.

Speaking of AI, I thought it was a very underwhelming episode. Motown is usually my favourite, but I was really disappointed with a few people. The only ones I really liked were George, Jennifer (who I usually don't like), and Fantasia. I think the bottom three will probably (hopefully) be John, JPL and Camile. If not JPL then Amy. And, I'm sorry to say it, but I hope John goes home. He's just way out of his league. He knows it, and the rest of the world knows it. The Boy keeps saying that I should love him, because he's all about the Rat Pack. He doesn't understand that just because someone tries to sound a certain way doesn't mean they do. Or successfully anyway. So yeah, I want John to go home.

Work sucked today. Not for any particular reason. I was bored, mostly. Finally, in the late afternoon, I started reading the novel I'd brought. Yeah, I know, I'm a terrible employee. Screw you. I haven't had a bonus in three years, nor a raise in two and a half, despite the fact that the company is "showing record numbers." Again, screw you. Oh, but to "celebrate" the recent closing, we're all being treated to lunch at Shakespeare's next week. Woop-dee-freaking-doo. Sure, their steak is second to none (that I've had), but it's an insult considering the luxury in which he's permitted to live. It's the proverbial bone.

Tomorrow night is Rollins. Should be interesting. I have no idea what to expect. See? I told Sar-bear that I'm a concert whore. I really am! I think we're going to go out for dinner before the show, so that will be nice. An actual date with my boy. We don't do that nearly enough. I love him so much lately. Yes, the marriage thing is still in the back of my mind (remind me to tell you about TCM), but I just look at him sometimes and think, "Holy moly... I'm a lucky girl."

Yeah, TCM = the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake. What a massacre it was. Not that I liked the original, but still. It was absolutely horrible. It couldn't have been more predictable if it had starred Tom Cruise, who we all know I can not, no matter how hard I try, take seriously. So we were watching TCM, all cuddled up, basking in the afterglow of a bowl of hot buttered popcorn, and the girl in the movie says to her soon-to-be-hacked-into-small-pieces boyfriend, "Oh, you could buy me a nice pear-shaped-diamond ring," or something like that. I said to The Boy, "Hey, honey! It's us!" and we had a nice laugh. The guy in the movie laughed, and said, "Yeah right." And I said, "Wow! It really *is* us!" And we had another nice laugh. I just love hanging with him. Every night is fun.

Gotta go. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home