UptownGirl77

Thursday, April 15, 2004

Okay, Sar, this is for you. My AI recap. Sorta. In no particular order.

First, Quentin Tarentino is the best AI guest judge EVER. He totally told it how he saw it, and wasn't all nicey-nice. He wasn't mean, like Simon, but he was honest. He was great, and it was obvious what a fan of the show he was. Remember when he was in the audience in an earlier show? Pretty cool.

John Stevens - I think he did "As Time Goes By." Great song for him, but he's still way out of his league. Of course, the little girls loved him.

JPL - He, in the world's worst song selection in history, performed "Jailhouse Rock." That's right. Another Elvis song. "Hey," he says, "If it worked once..." It was horrible, even for JPL.

Jasmine Trias - She did "When I Fall in Love." I didn't like it. I was disappointed by her, and have been every week. She was a front-runner in the beginning, and has totally run out of steam. She's out of her league now too.

So that's my bottom three.

Diana DeGarmo - Cute... She did "My Heart Will Go On," and I thought it was amazing. Sure, her voice isn't as polished as, say, LaToya's, but she has killer pipes and, I thought, she was pretty bang-on pitchwise. The judges weren't terribly impressed. Simon said something about her being too young. I'll be honest, I felt the same way as I did in season 1 when Kelly had her breakthrough performance of "Natural Woman." I didn't know she could sing like that. I'm sorry the judges didn't see it that way.

Fantasia Barrino - Yes. The sitting-on-the-stage-barefoot-because-I'm-in-so-much-pain-I-can't-stand version of "Summertime." Again, what am I missing? I thought it was a happy song, but when she's done, tears start pouring down her face, and the judges eat it up. Yeah, it was good. But it didn't kill me.

LaToya London - She did "Somewhere." I've never heard the song, and didn't really like it, but she's always great. She could sing the phone book.

Jennifer Hudson - "I Have Nothing." My favourite from her so far. I hope she ditches the attitude soon. It could kill her, even though she's got one of the best voices left.

Last but not least, George Huff - He did, "Against All Odds." Quentin said, "Dude, you made me forget that I hate that song!" I love George. He's in my top two. But, seriously, this was the wrong song for him.

So that's my $0.02. I think either John Stevens or Jasmine Trias go home tonight. Let's see what you, America, decided. Tonight. At 8. On Fox.

HA! I could TOTALLY give Seacrest a run for his money. Or the Jaded Journalist, at the very least. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home