Friday, April 02, 2004

Okay, so we park at City Hall, and he tells me to stay in the car while he puts money in the ticket machine thingy (It's raining). So I'm in the car waiting for him, and he's taking forever! I can't see him, because other cars are blocking my view, so I have no idea if he's been jumped or what, and am too chicken to get out and check. Finally, he comes back and said he broke the machine, but got a ticket anyway, so we ended up getting free parking. And we thought that only happened in Monopoly.

Then, we walk to McD's and have a quick dinner, and he calls A&G to get their ETA. They say that they're just waiting for J&L to show up, and they're notorious for being late, but they should be there any minute. It's about 7:10 at this point. So we figure we'll start walking to the Convention Centre.

We get there around 7:20, and are waiting for them in the lobby. A&G have our tickets, so we can't even go in and sit down. By the time they arrived, it was 7:45 and my back and legs were killing me.

Rollins was absolutely amazing. I laughed, I was grossed out, and I almost cried. At the end, he said, "Millions... not hundreds... not thousands... Millions of people feel the same way your country does about the war, and we're very concerned about our relationship with you." He talked about Bush, Sheryl Crow, William Shatner, Ben Stiller, Quentin Tarrantino... I was absolutely captivated. He spoke for three hours straight without even pausing for a drink of water. He's an incredibly intelligent guy, and he's fucking hot too! :)

So, about this morning, I almost don't even want to talk about it. I feel much better now. I kinda woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, because I had a dream last night that we lived with LU, and The Boy asked to have her panties, and I got jealous that he wanted her panties and not mine.

Then, when he was driving me to work, trying to cheer me up, he said we could go back to Ikea on the weekend to get the things we had to leave behind last time. I mentioned the cute little makeup table again, and that we could get rid of the desk in the bedroom, and he got all defensive, saying that I wanted to get rid of all his stuff, and keep all my own stuff. I couldn't believe he was still at the "my stuff vs. his stuff" phase. We've been living together for almost three years! You would think that it would all be "our stuff" by now. But he got angry because I wanted to keep "my" computer desk, and get rid of "his." I tried to explain my reasoning (he hasn't used the desk in like six months, so it's just taking up space), but he wouldn't listen. He said, "Well, when we buy a house, maybe we'll want an extra desk." I said, "Well, when we buy a house, in five years or more, then we can buy another desk, but right now it's just taking up valuable space in our little apartment!"

So we drove the rest of the way in silence, and went through the motions of our usual kiss goodbye. I got to work and was immediately overcome by panic. I just felt that I needed everything to be okay, right then. I messaged his cell, telling him I was sorry for getting the day off to such a bad start. He didn't message me back right away, so I figured he was still angry. I called him about a half-hour later, and proceeded to cry on the phone. He asked what he could do to cheer me up, and said, "I know what will cheer you up. A chocolate munk-ee-ah-dah." He knows how to say it properly, but did this to make me laugh, which I did. I said, "No, silly... A caramel macchiato!" So he brought me one on his way to work, and gave me the best hugs ever. I don't know why he's so nice to me, after I was such a bitch. He's so understanding of my constant mood swings. I don't know how he does it, but I'm so glad that he does.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home