UptownGirl77

Sunday, February 22, 2004

Well, Valentine's day turned out to be absolutely wonderful. But he still hasn't proposed. Hmph.

I set up a "love quiz" for him. He had to answer some questions (really easy ones) and, for every right answer, he got a gift.

1. What was the first gift you ever gave me?
(a) Josie and the Pussycats ears
(b) Quills movie poster - Correct answer, for which he got a bowl of candy: Nerds, Runts, etc.

2. When did we, officially, become a couple?
(a) June 2nd, 2001 - Correct answer, for which he got "Project 1950," a new Misfits album.
(b) April 25th, 2002

3. Who do I love most?
(a) Lennon
(b) McCartney - Wrong answer. Correct answer is actually (c) You. :) For which he got the Playboy book.

I was TOTALLY shocked when JK decided to buy it for EK too. I thought she would get all prudish, and say, "Ewww, that's dirty!" But she went all copycat on me.

Anyway, I spent the day preparing gift bags for everyone, with lots of nice candy and stuff, and decorating the apartment for his quiz.

He picked me up (I met him downstairs, he didn't come up), and we went to his parents' for roast beef dinner. It was REALLY nice, and everyone loved their treat bags.

Then, after dinner, he said that we wouldn't be going to Chapters because he had something else planned. You can more than guess what I was thinking was in store. But he didn't propose. Hmph.

He said I had to go upstairs and pack a bag with clothes for tomorrow and something I would wear on the beach in Mexico. But I don't have a bathing suit! He said, "You can imagine where we're going, can't you?" I had no clue. He said he'd booked a room for us at the Royal Marquis Hotel in Windsor!

So off we went. The drive was really nice. We talked about marriage and how we want our wedding to be. He actually agreed to get married on the Island! It was a major breakthrough! Then, he started making me feel bad about not having many sexual fantasies, so I got angry because he made me feel like a prude. Oh well. The good times couldn't last forever. Just kidding. We got over it and had a really nice time.

We were really tired by the time we got to the hotel, so we had a nice bath, went to bed, and watched an E! True Hollywood Story on Courtney Love.

Then, the next day, we got up, showered, got ready to go, and had breakfast with B. It was nice to see him again. He's a pretty cool guy. S was a huge bitch to me, but all nicey nice to The Boy. How transparent. Anyway, she was going to work so we didn't have to deal much with her. The three of us went to the Maple Leaf House for breakfast, and I can't believe how much I ate! It was awesome!

Then, we went back to his house and looked at pictures, and then off to the mall to get a gift for LL, ML and JL's little guy. We finally got to their house, and JL was at a baby shower or something, so I got to hold LL pretty much the whole time. What a cutie!!! He smelled like baby powder. Yum!

Matt showed us lots of pictures from their wedding, which meant I saw pictures of The Boy's ex. Everyone made her sound like a whale, but I didn't think she looked like it. I found it hard to picture her and The Boy as a couple. They just didn't seem like a fit. Then again, maybe it's he and I that aren't a fit.

Anyway, JL got home and we talked lots about the birthing process (yuck), and they showed us more pictures, this time of their honeymoon. Very beautiful pictures.

So, around 5, we left for home, stopping at Wendy's halfway home. All in all, it was a really nice weekend. But he didn't propose. Hmph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home