UptownGirl77

Monday, April 05, 2004

Games night was cancelled on Friday night, and my income tax refund had been deposited into my account, so I bought us Chinese food to celebrate.

What were you celebrating, you ask? MY NEW JOB!!!! Yes, finally, RM came through. He called Friday evening to ask if I would accept $30K, plus $5 per user. I said yes! I did forget to ask about vacation and sick pay, but I'm sure they'll be reasonable. I'm getting 6% vacation and no sick pay here. I'm expecting 4% and no sick pay from RM. We'll see.

He sent me the job description, and I couldn't believe how many responsibilities I would have. I hope I can handle this. I've been in that "zone" for so long, I hope I can switch gears quickly. Maybe I'll take a week off between leaving here and starting with RM. That would be nice. Especially since I'll be getting almost $600 extra from my vacation pay-out.

So I'm really excited about that. He'll contact me again this week to let me know what my start date is. A day that started horribly ended beautifully. But I'm terrified of resigning.

Saturday, I took M to the vet about his eyes. I knew it was just an infection, like he always gets, but we were out of fucithalmic acid, and they wouldn't give me more without bringing him over. It was $53 for the vet to say, "Yup. It's an eye infection. I'll just give you the same stuff since it worked so well last time." She gave me two tubes of it though, so I won't have to take him back for a while longer. Thank goodness. She said he's got stage 1 tartar though, and gave me a huge bag of kitty treats. I guess you can give it to them as their entire diet, or just four or five pieces in the morning as a treat. So we actually just mixed it in with their regular food. Kind of a combination of the two options. She didn't charge me for the food, but I'm sure it's super expensive.

I got home and spent most of the rest of the day cleaning. I folded all the laundry and put it away in the new dresser, which is still in the living room. Then, I proceeded to empty the old dressers, and clear a path to them, because I thought for sure that his parents would be picking up the old furniture after dinner that night.

I put most of the stuff on the bed, determined to just get it cleared out, so I could have a half-hour to an hour to get ready before The Boy would get home from work.

We went to his parents' for a nice roast beef dinner, and then drove A to a friend's, drove K home, and then we were going to go to Chapters, but we weren't feeling the greatest by that point, so we just decided to stop at Starbucks for my coffee, then Future Shop so he could look for his game, and then go home. His parents decided to do the furniture moving next week.

Sunday, we woke up, switched all the clocks, and set out for Burlington. The plan was: Lunch, Hellboy, mall, Ikea. We had lunch at William's. It was really nice, but I didn't get my latte until I had already finished eating. That sucked. So I basically had three sips out of a $3 latte. What a waste of good latte. Went to the movie. Hellboy sucked, in my opinion. I was just bored the whole time. The Boy loved it. After the movie, we went to Mapleview, which was beautiful. I have a new favourite mall. So clean, so big... Very nice.

We skipped Ikea, just because it didn't make sense to buy even more furniture until his parents pick up the stuff we're getting rid of. As it is, there is way too much stuff in the apartment, and there's no room to assemble new stuff, even if we wanted to. So, hopefully, we'll do the moving next weekend, and do IKEA afterward. That would be nice.

Last night we watched "Pecker" with Edward Furlong and Christina Ricci. Cute movie. Not one of my favourites, but cute. Love the bug-eyed little sister.

So that's the weekend, pretty much. Tonight is The Boy's first 2-9 shift. It's going to suck, having to eat dinner alone. Oh well, I'm sure we'll get used to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home