UptownGirl77

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Okay... Here I sit, in my new home office, a.k.a. the desk in the bedroom.

I forgot to talk about my last day at the X. It was boring. At first, I didn't think I would get everything done. Then, A gave me a good anecdote. He said my attitude for the day should be, "I don't care. It's my last day." So that helped me get things done faster, oddly enough.

E, K, J and I all went out for lunch to the pier. It was nice. Said goodbye to everyone, packed up my box, and A drove me to The Boy's store and put the box in the back seat for me. Then, we went to Toys r Us, and I bought the Trivial Pursuit Pop Culture DVD game, and we went to A&G's. We had stirfry for dinner. It was actually really good. Then we played the game, and it took forever, but it was so much fun! Much better than Scene It was. Much better. But by the time we got home, it was like 2 a.m. or something.

I've already talked about Saturday.

Sunday, we were supposed to go to Wonderland, but it rained like a mo'fo'. So we went to D&B instead, and I was super pissed. We were working toward the GameCube for 8,000 coupons. Finally, we had 8,700 so we went to the Winner's Circle. The little fuck at the counter said, "Game Cubes are 36,000 coupons." I wanted to say, "Yeah? Well, stick it up your arse then!" They'd more than quadrupled the price in a matter of two weeks!

Anyway, then we went to IKEA, and then we went home. All in all, a pretty good weekend.

Monday was my first day working for D-I. I don't think I've ever felt so dumb/confused. I haven't had a new job in seven years, so I'd forgotten what it's like to learn something totally new. RM's great, but he's seriously all over the place. He's talking about one thing, and then he jumps to another, halfway through. He's impossible to follow. He asked me today if I was confused, and I gave him an emphatic "YES!", to which he said, "Yeah, that's okay. I tend to be hard to follow. You'll catch on." *sigh* I hope so.

So I think that that brings you up to speed, oh Dearest Diary. The Boy should be home in a half-hour or so, after which we're going grocery shopping, and watching American Idol and Chopper. I'm exhausted, but am looking forward to having a fridge full of food again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home