UptownGirl77

Monday, April 26, 2004

Waiting for Windows XP installation to finish, writing this with pencil and paper, wonder of wonders.

Had a great birthday. Saturday (birthday eve, if you will), I went to the mall, had my hair cut, coloured and highlighted, eyebrows waxed (more about that in a minute), and bought new shoes and a bag at Aldo. God, I love that place. It's excruciatingly cool, and I feel heartwrenchingly uncool when I'm there.

Anyhoo, about the brows, the girl ("cosmetician") who waxed them was really cute. I miss being cute. She was so petite, and had a really cute pixie haircut, but her voice was really low and disarming. I admit it, I think I've had my first same-sex crush! Not in an "I want to do her" kind of way. Just in a "wow, what an attractive girl. I want to look like her" way. Happy birthday to me. I dare not tell The Boy. He'd be all over that like white on rice.

So, after the mall, I came home, and The Boy picked me up for dinner with his parents. His mom had decorated the kitchen with streamers and balloons, and I caught a glimpse of a chocolate cake before I was ushered to the dinner table. She had made a great roast beef dinner with Yorkshire puddings, potatoes and cauliflower. We chowed down and, then, it was time for gifts.

I was so overwhelmed. Everyone had gotten me something.

J: A bouquet of fresh carnations and a cute card.
A: Two votive lamps, and a cute card.
M: A watch, a floating heart necklace, Reese's, and a really sweet card that said I'm a great addition to the family, and that she'd always wanted a big sister. I cried.
K&C: Chipped in on a $20 gift certificate to The Body Shop.
The Parents: A purse, $20 cash to spend at Wonderland, and a $10 certificate for Chapters.

Then, it was The Boy's turn. Obviously, I was hoping for something that started with an R and ended with an ING, but... I was realistic.

He pulled out a huge card, and I opened it. Inside was a voucher for a trip for two on a hot air balloon! I started bawling immediately. It was the sweetest, most thoughtful gift I've ever gotten. I was absolutely speechless. I don't know if I've ever mentioned it here before, but I've wanted to go in a hot hair balloon for years. I don't even know if I'd ever mentioned it to him! I was stunned. In a good way. Everyone was cheering and clapping while I hugged him and cried. It was great. :)

So the balloon place doesn't start making trips until the end of May. It's like waiting for Christmas! I don't think I can! Anyway, maybe I'll get my ring then! That would be the most romantic thing in the world, for him to propose when we're a hundred miles up, watching the sun setting. Wow. That would kick ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home