UptownGirl77

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Okay, okay. A girl can only take so much harrassment! Thanks for the encouragement, Anna and Sarbare. Sorry I haven't written in so long. I guess I've just been lazy.

We went to A&G's trailer on Saturday. It's a three-hour drive, and we kinda had a bit of a fight. We passed a car on the highway and the driver was holding up a sign that said, "Show us your tits." I was absolutely stunned! Anyway, I told The Boy and he was like, "Why didn't you? That would have been fun. Oh yeah. I forgot. You're not fun. You're vanilla." So, needless to say, I took pretty serious offense to that. What's wrong with not wanting to flash people on the highway? I hardly think I'm in the minority there.

Point being, this brought on a pretty big conversation about our sex life, or lack thereof. We were pretty brutally honest, even questioning whether or not we should stay together. Before we're really resolved anything we arrived at their cottage and had to make nice. We got a campsite, set up the tent, blew up the air mattress and got the bed all made up, and then headed for A&G's trailer.

The four of us sat outside by a small fire, chatting, looking at the stars (you don't realize how much you miss them until you can see them again and realize what you've been missing). Then, G went into the trailer and brought out a big bag of chips. No sooner had A put his hand into the bag than we heard rustling in the bushes behind us. We all jumped up, and there was a raccoon!! Just a tiny guy, but still. I'm so nervous around wild animals, I was freaking out. They started throwing chips at him, saying how cute he was, and oh, feed him some more. I couldn't believe they were doing that!

Anyway, after the raccoon had eaten his fill, there were still five or six chips on the ground, and we all moved our chairs to the other side of the fire, so we wouldn't be caught off guard again. Well, not much time passed before we heard the same rustling again. Not a raccoon this time. A freaking skunk. So, of course, we all had to stay perfectly still while he came out to grab one chip at a time. This kept on for about a half-hour, that I was made to stay perfectly still, while sitting about 10 feet from a skunk, who at any time could invite some buddies to join him for the feast that lay before them. I was FURIOUS. Who feeds raccoons? Don't most people want to get rid of them?

So when Mr. Skunk finally did leave, I helped clear off the deck, and then we high-tailed it inside. I was under the impression that we were going to play some games or something, but we sat around and watched tv. We could have done that at home. The Boy and I were kinda looking at each other like, "Um... is this it??"

Finally, we headed back to our tent and talked a little more. We had both cooled down, and apologized for the mean things we'd said. We then proceeded to prove that we are compatible after all (wink, wink), and fell asleep.

Sunday morning, we woke up, used the public washrooms, packed up the tent and everything, and went back to A&G's trailer. G made french toast for us, and then the four of us headed out to the Elmvale Zoo. I was thinking it would probably be pretty tiny, with like baby horses and goats, more farm animals than anything else. It wasn't. I got to feed a giraffe! Actually, at one point, I had a giraffe eating out of each hand! I fed monkeys too!!! I LOVE MONKEYS! So yeah, that was lots of fun.

After the Zoo, we went to a huge outdoor flea market. I got Jonathan Livingston Seagull, and The Boy got Castlevania.

We came home, and I had an email from B. She and D are separating. I couldn't believe it. You know how you look up to certain couples, and they become your inspiration, because they are exactly what you think a perfect couple should be? Well, they were one of those for me. And now they're done. After 10 years. Goes to show you never know what happens behind closed doors.

I'm SO glad B's moving back here. I can't wait to have a girlfriend again. We never really got to have a normal friendship, since I moved so soon after we met, but I'm looking forward to just hanging with her and V, and having someone to talk to, and listen to. It's going to kick arse.

Well, I've wasted a lot of time today. I'd better try to get something done. Happy, guys? :D

2 Comments:

  • haha! What hint? I plead the 5th!

    Sorry to hear about the fight...I remember those days. I was very convinced that I wouldn't even go through with it before I found out I was pregnant! For me, I had engrained in my head that I wouldn't marry until older 20's/early 30's, I just thought I wasn't ready...I probably wasn't but hubby has definitely been the only person I know who could put up with my bs and still find me beautiful and want to be married to me...there will be many more "adjustments" that you will go through...just keep the lines of communication open and learn how to fight with out mortally wounding each other...glad you found compatability was not the real issue:)

    By Blogger Unknown, At August 11, 2004 at 1:58 p.m.  

  • my goodness! Do I need to get out a wet noodle??? There can't be NOTHING going on:) Haha! What about wedding plans? You haven't talked about that in a while...miss seeing new posts is what I'm getting at! Hope everything is going well...take care, dear:)

    By Blogger Unknown, At August 23, 2004 at 10:46 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home