UptownGirl77

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

It seems I only write after the weekend. Well, so be it. At least I write.

Last weekend was great. Friday, we went to A&G's to play games. We played Sexdrive, which the boy bought at Chapters. It was actually really fun. Everyone enjoyed it, even me, J&C.

Then I was supposed to go shopping with MS on Saturday. She was to get off work at noon, so I made a hair appointment at 10:30, and planned to go over and hang out with their mom until MS got home and got ready to go to the mall. Well, Saturday morning, as we were getting ready to go, their mom called and said everyone was sick, so M didn't want to go shopping. It's like the third time she's ditched on me! If she's really sick, fine, but I'm going to stop asking. Anyway, the good news was that since everyone was sick, we decided to cancel dinner.

I went to Westcliffe anyway, and had my haircut. The woman was really nice (Sally, I think her name was), but she left my hair soaking wet! When I hesitated, she said, "Oh, did you want me to blow it dry?" I said, "Uhhh... yes please!" Still, it was $15. Sure beats $50 for a cut and horrible style from Salon Mirage!

After I finished there, I took the bus home (my first bus ride in, literally, months, thank goodness). I tried watching an old Liz Taylor movie, but just couldn't get into it. Instead, I surfed the net, read magazines, and watched TLC. What an addictive channel.

The Boy got home and we went to Chapters. That was cool. I bought Ariella Papa's other book, On the Verge, but haven't really gotten into it yet. I'll keep trying.

We got home and watched "School of Rock." It was great! I love Jack Black. Come to think of it, I love Jack White too. Hm. Anyway, the movie was very cute, and I would definitely watch it again.

Sunday, we got up and went to Maple Leaf Pancake House for breakfast. It was actually pretty good. I didn't even finish my food, there was so much.

Next, we went to Silver City. We bought our tickets for "Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights." The boy actually WANTED to see it! I was pretty happy. We were really early, so we played some arcade games while we waited, and he called P to see if he wanted to come with us, but P passed saying, "Dude, what are you, in the doghouse or something?" :)

We both loved the movie. It was SO cute. But someone needs to tell Patrick Swayze to ease up on the surgeries. His face has lost all ability to convey emotion. Or maybe it's just his lack of acting skills. Still, very cute movie.

After the movie, we went to the mall. We were just kind of walking along, and I was looking at a poster outside a jewellry store (People's, if you must know), and he said, "We can go in, you know." So we went in, but I didn't see anything I liked. We kept going, and went to his video game store.

Blah blah blah, more stores, then another jewellry one. Twain. Shangri-La. Home of my ring. A beautiful, round, fiery 0.63 carat diamond, flanked on either side by a small round blue (almost black) sapphire. Yes, the stones were all round. And the band was yellow gold. Not exactly what I had in mind, but still perfect.

We were just looking around at first, and we saw some solitaires on silver/white gold/platinum. He kept saying, "How about these?" And I kept saying, "Almost." Then, we saw a ring with three diamonds, a beautiful setting, and it happened to be in the display case behind which the three saleswomen were standing. They overheard me say, "This one!!! But with sapphires on either side, not diamonds!" One of the saleswomen said, "Oh, come this way!" and showed me my ring. I couldn't believe it.

I also couldn't believe that it was $3,799.99. Wow. I could never let him pay $4,000 for a ring. But I tried it on and it was too big, but VERY beautiful. I couldn't believe how sparkly it was. I'd never seen something as beautiful as that centre diamond. When she handed it to me, I carefully took it between my fingers, and actually gasped. I let out an audible gasp. It was beyond my wildest dreams.

He kept saying, "Is that a big diamond? Is that the one? Is that big, so people will say, 'Wow, that's a big diamond!'?" I kept assuring him, saying, yes! But I also said, "It's perfect, but in yellow gold." The saleswoman said, "Oh, that's never a problem."

Then he noticed a sign that said, "40% off." He said, "Is that 40% off the price that's there, or it's that price, with the 40% already taken off." She said, "It's 40% off that price, and there's no GST or PST today." We were pretty floored by that, and I said, jokingly (but not really), "Well, I AM paying for your haircut today." :)

Anyway, we left. Without my ring. I left it sitting there. It killed me to hand it back to her, but I was somehow convinced that we would come back for it, which is silly. As we were leaving, he said, "I felt kinda pressured in there! What, did she think I would buy it and propose to you right there in the store?" I said, "I would be okay with that!" :)

So he went for his haircut, and I went to the bathroom. I attempted to stop in at one of the other jewellry stores, but they wouldn't give me the time of day, so I left. As I was walking back to his barber shop, he was coming toward me. He looked pretty good, and smelled great. Whatever they put on his hair worked for me. :)

We didn't have anywhere else to go, so we were walking toward the car, and I totally thought we would go back to get my ring, but we didn't. Think about it: $3,799 - 40% = $1,519. And no taxes! We got home around 4:00 p.m., and I kept thinking, "We've got to go back!" So when he said, "They cut my hair crooked! The back's uneven!" I said, "Oh, wow... Let's go back! We should totally go back!" But he wouldn't have it.

Last night, I was reading a magazine, and saw a reference to a ring with 61 diamonds totalling .63 carats. I said, "Hey, honey... this is cool! They need 61 diamonds to make the one we saw yesterday!" He said, "Was that really the ring?" I said, "Yeah, it was. I loved it." Then I proceeded to tell him what Julia told me, about how they can change the shape of the stones, and the metal and stuff, and that the ring you see is not the ring you get. He said, "That sounds like a load of ballyhoo to me."

Anyway, so he knows how I feel. And he's not going to get a better deal than that. I hate waiting! I think maybe he'll do it Saturday, in front of his family. I hope. I REALLY want to marry him!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home