UptownGirl77

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

I feel absolutely terrible.

Yesterday, I got home from work, take my bags up to the apartment, then go back down to the mailroom. Flyer, flyer, junk mail, phone bill, utility bill… hmm…. What’s this? Window envelope, to The Boy, from an unknown address. Hm. What bill have we forgotten to pay now? Wait a minute. Feels like there’s a plastic card inside. Oh well. Probably just a new bank card. Then again, it would have the bank’s letterhead on the outside. Oh well. Oh well. Oh well.

It was a “thanks for your purchase, you’re now a preferred customer, here’s your membership card” from the fucking jewelry store where we saw the ring I loved, before Christmas!!!!!

Damn me!!! How the hell was I supposed to know? He’s probably going to propose on the balloon. I’m SO excited, but now I’ve ruined the surprise. I can’t tell him. I just can’t. He’ll be absolutely heartbroken. I have to just reseal the envelope somehow, and pretend I didn’t even notice. I’m just going to be surprised, which I totally will be. I think it’s the right thing to do, isn’t it? Dear readers, please tell me it’s the right thing to do. I know that it’s the most important moment of our lives thus far, and I don’t want to lie about it, but seriously. I feel so horrible. I cried and cried yesterday, because I felt so horrible. I just can’t ruin this moment. I have to just forget it happened.

Please tell me I’m right, guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home