UptownGirl77

Thursday, May 27, 2004

So. Here I am again. On an early lunch, because we have a Webinar from noon to 1:30. Going to go and heat up some chicken penne in the microwave. Back in a jiff.

k. I'm back. These No Name lunches are great. Well, this one is.

The Boy and I had a bit of a tiff last night. He worked late, and he didn't say what he wanted for dinner, so I threw in one of those spinach pizzas that he loves so much. My plan was that I would make the side dish of his choice while he chowed down on the 'za. Well, when he finally called, at like 9:20, when the pizza had already been sitting waiting for him for five minutes, he said, "Oh. Pizza." Of course, my mood immediately soured. How about, "Oh, thanks for making dinner for me, hon. It's nice to come home to dinner waiting for me." So we didn't talk much. He said that it was a half-assed gesture, and the next time I want to bug him about marriage, I should think about how one-sided our relationship is.

The sad part is that he's kinda right.

He drives me to work every morning, which means that he gets up a full two hours than he would normally have to. Most mornings, while I'm getting ready, he makes me a coffee in my travel mug (save me the $5 trip to Starbucks!), and a bagel.

He does more than his fair share around the house, spending some of his mornings sweeping or mopping, when he could just be playing video games.

Why am I so fucking lazy? I've always been like this, since I moved to Ontario. At home, I had to do chores every day, but now I do almost nothing. I hate it about myself. Like, Monday, when I could have spent the day preparing for C&R's arrival, I spent it instead, lazing on the couch watching tv. I hate wasting my time like that, but I never have the motivation to do anything! Anything!!!

So he's absolutely right. I have been half-assed. But I'm too lazy to do anything about it. Do you think there's hypnosis to cure half-assedness?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home