UptownGirl77

Monday, June 07, 2004

So Friday night we picked them up at Marineland. They had a great time. R went on a rollercoaster for the first time, and screamed like Mariah Carey, they said.

We went to the Hard Rock Café for dinner, then to the Falls. It was beautiful, but I was expecting the lights below to be a lot brighter. Then, we walked to Clifton Hill. C&R did Screamers. It sounded pretty scary. Then the four of us went to the Movieland Wax Museum. I got tons of pics there. Some figures were amazing, but some were so shit! Ace Ventura immediately springs to mind!

We came home, and Saturday The Boy dropped us at the African Lion Safari. I love squirrel monkeys and baby babboons. He picked us up at 4:00 and we went to Quiznos. Then we kinda drove around, took them to Dundurn Castle, the mental hospital, and showed them some sights.

Sunday, yesterday, we did Wonderland. I HATE that place. It all boils down to 10 hours in the hot sun, walking to rides, waiting in line for an hour, riding the ride for 2 minutes and doing it all again. I went on two rollercoasters. The Wild Beast was my first, and Ghoster Coaster was my last. Ever. I hated them. I felt like my neck was going to snap. I'm a swing, Spinovator, White Water Canyon kinda girl. We got totally soaked, and I think that was my favourite part of their entire stay.

They weren't very talkative, and I'd kinda forgotten how single-minded C can be. I love her to death, and she's my oldest and bestest friend, but she can be very nasty to her boyfriends.

Anyway, we got up at 5:00 this morning, and had them at the airport at 6:00. We had breakfast with them in the Corner Café, and then said our goodbyes. I cried pretty hard. I hate not having friends here. I'll miss her, but I don't think that that's why I was crying. I loved having people to do things with. I love The Boy, but sometimes it's nice to do things with other people too.

So they said they had a great trip, and would return the favour, next time I could convince The Boy to take the trip back home. I hope it's soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home