UptownGirl77

Monday, September 13, 2004

So let's see if I can remember how to do this. It's been a long time.

Sar, you're pretty much the only person who reads this now so, if you're still out there, thanks for not giving up on me. Sorry I disappeared.

Truthfully, I didn't disappear. I didn't go anywhere. I didn't do anything. I can't even remember what my last post was.

Okay, I re-read my last post. B is here now, but I haven't seen her yet. She's stood me up twice, and I accidentally stood her up today. We suck.

Things with The Boy have been pretty good actually. I love him lots, miss him lots when he's not here, and we've been getting along really well.

I found a new web site that I've been addicted to. I guess it's taken the place of Blogger! :) It's www.ultimatewedding.com. You just go there to get ideas and talk about weddings. Lots of people there aren't even engaged, and many others were married years ago! Basically, it's for people who love weddings. Sar, you should check it out, and join the message board! Then you can REALLY see what I've been up to. :)

The Boy actually took me to a bridal show yesterday! I was very impressed that it was actually his idea! We saw lots of nice things, and got lots of free magazines and a planner, stuff like that, but I was so disappointed when I went to try on dresses. I knew that dresses had weird sizing, but it was ridiculous. I normally wear size 14 or 16. Well, I tried on an 18, thinking it would be huge, but I couldn't even get it zipped up! I could barely pull it up around my hips!!! Why wouldn't they do it the other way around? Then, instead of wearing an 18 or 20 dress, I would wear a 10! Wouldn't that be nice?

Speaking of sizes, I weighed myself at The Boy's mom's yesterday. I've lost 8 pounds. Yay me. We don't have a wedding date set yet, but my goal is to fit into a 12. That means I've got to lose about 50 lbs in a year and a half.

We talked about 2006. He just doesn't get it. He thinks we have to have all this money saved before we can do anything. We can't set a date because we have no money. You know what? If that were the case, we'll never get married. You have to set a date, and make it work. He just doesn't get it.

I can show you some pics that I've uploaded to the UW site. Here's the pic of The Boy and me that I used for my avatar.

PIC HERE

Here's the monogram that I made for our Save-the-Date cards (obviously without a date!).

MONOGRAM HERE

Here's the hairdo I want:



Here's the pic taken immediately after he proposed on the balloon, which I made into my signature on UW:

BALLOON PIC HERE

So now you know our names, and you've seen our pictures. So now I'm gonna have to kill ya. :)