UptownGirl77

Monday, June 21, 2004

Friday night was games night. It was kinda depressing. J&C were all cuddly. G wrote "I Love you" on A's paper. The Boy drew a picture of A fantasizing about him, and him fantasizing about his Xbox. :P Funny, but he's always like that. I would like the "I love you" for once. I guess that's just not the way he is.

Saturday, he worked. I chilled at home, and watched Love Actually. It was seriously one of the best movies I've seen in ages. I love how Liam and Emma's characters interact with the kids. I love how, in British movies, parents don't seem to coddle their children, but treat them as little people. That's the best. It was a great movie.

Then, we went to his parents' house, and he talked to K's girlfriend the whole time. I feel so ancient. He talked to her about music and comics and stuff. I feel like such a granny, because I'm so out of touch. I'm only 27. He's only five months younger than I am. How is he so much hipper? Anyway, we went home and watched some Three's Company. Yeah, I know.

Sunday, he has his comic convention. He said it went well with Oni and Image. They took his stuff and said they would give him a call. So our fingers and toes are crossed.

While he was gone, I did folded two loads of laundry that we did last week, then did three more loads. I watched Man on the Moon (prompted by andykaufmanreturns.com), and Anything Else. On the MOTM DVD, there were some snippets of Andy performing, doing the wrestling thing... I'm one of the many who just don't get it. I'm also one of the many who don't like Woody Allen. No, that's not true. I liked him and Jason Biggs, and their twitchiness. I don't like Christina Ricci. Watching her is just painful, and not in a good way. So she kinda ruined the movie for me.

After those, I watched Sid and Nancy. Gary Oldman is pretty amazing. He could do anything, I think. Chloe Webb looked like Nancy, and was VERY whiny. I don't know if Nancy was whiny, but Chloe sure played that to the hilt. Courtney Love pre-surgery is funny as hell. I'd almost forgotten what she originally looked like.

So The Boy got home, we had dinner, watched Joe Schmo 2, and went to bed. At like 9:30. Absolutely exhausted. So I read for a bit and went to sleep. And that was my exciting weekend. He promises next Sunday will be better, what with the balloon and all. He said we'll do the balloon, then go out for lunch, maybe shopping at the mall, blah blah blah.

He did the "I love you so much, you know?" thing again. It's cute that he's so apologetic and kiss-ass-ish lately. It's like he's buttering me up or something.

I'm going to be so disappointed if it doesn't happen on the balloon. Please let it happen on the balloon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home